Your Comprehensive Home Winterization Checklist
Written on: November 28, 2022
Winterizing your plumbing for peace of mind
Winter is right around the corner – are your pipes ready? New Jersey has seen a taste of the cold weather on its way this year, and we know you do not want to be tackling plumbing issues right when “freezing season” gets going. The good news is that there’s still time to address any outstanding plumbing problems you may be dealing with. Read on to learn more about how we can help you winterize your home’s plumbing system and make your plumbing problems a thing of the past.
Plumbing services on your winter checklist
Kick-off this winter with peace of mind that your plumbing is in good shape, by paying special attention to:
- Potential plumbing repairs. Whether small or big, plumbing issues should be addressed as soon as possible, before winter arrives. Clogged drains, dripping faucets or leaky pipes – it’s more affordable, effective, and less time-consuming to address these matters before they are exacerbated by freezing temperatures.
- Sewer and drain upkeep. If drains or sewers become dirty or clogged, it could cause a total system backup or allow debris to enter your lines – yuck. Leaves and twigs can be cumbersome, but frozen leaf-and-twig sludge is a homeowner’s nightmare. Call in the experts at Anyzek to keep your plumbing lines clean and clear.
- Insulation. Pipes that are insulated adequately are much less likely to burst and cause major damage to your home. Fortunately, our expert insulators know how to protect your pipes and minimize that risk.
- Pipe thawing. If your pipes DO freeze and they burst, you’re facing major damage in your home, hassle and expense. We’ll expertly thaw your pipes to minimize that risk.
- Equipment installations. Frozen pipes don’t scare us – we handle enormously complex plumbing projects. Still, it’s wise to get these jobs out of the way, before water lines are likely to freeze. If you plan to upgrade a dishwasher, icemaker, garbage disposal, faucet, toilet, water heater, washer and dryer, bathroom fixture or other feature that utilizes a water line, we can hook you up – literally!
- Water heater installation and repair. Make sure you and your family will always have the hot water you need. Anyzek not only sells and installs quality water heaters, but we also provide expert water heater maintenance and repair. We have trained and experienced service technicians as well as licensed and certified plumbers to handle everything for your home’s water heater.
- Plumbing inspections. Regular inspections by Anyzek’s plumbers protect your plumbing and your home, as well as everything in it. Our inspections can spot problems before they get worse, preventing plumbing nightmares such as burst pipes or water heater tank failure. They also allow us to fix problems that increase your water efficiency, saving you money on your water bill! Our expert plumbers inspect all aspects of your plumbing, including water heaters, pressure relief valves, fixtures, p-traps, flappers, jetters, fill valves, water meters, angle stops, supply lines and more. We provide inspections for corrosion and after an emergency shutoff and do hard water and sewer flow testing.
You can count on Anyzek for all your plumbing needs
We can help get your home winterized the right way. When you turn to Anyzek Plumbing, Heating & Cooling for your plumbing services, you get all our plumbing expertise, plus the outstanding service we have been providing in Gloucester, Camden, and Burlington counties since 1932. Our team of professionals has been here for a long time, and we are committed to quality service in everything we do. Get the quality service you deserve from a local, family-owned business!
Become an Anyzek customer today!