Home Energy Efficiency Tips For Summer
Written on: August 22, 2022
No sweat: You don’t need to sacrifice comfort to save
We all know that summertime cooling costs can add up, especially in our corner of New Jersey, where temperatures regularly soar into the upper 80s — and beyond. Fortunately, there’s no need so sit around sweltering just to save a few bucks. Plus, keeping your home cool is not only a matter of comfort, but it can also be a matter of safety as well – and not something you want to scrimp on. Instead, you can save on your cooling bills by following some of our summer energy efficiency tips. Read on to learn more.
Tips for making the most of summer energy
- Stay up-to-date with regular maintenance. Taking proper care of your home’s HVAC equipment is essential. It keeps your equipment running properly and at its best possible efficiency, keeping your energy costs as low as possible and protecting you from breakdowns.
- Improve weatherstripping, sealants, and insulation. No matter the age of your property, upgraded materials that protect your home’s structure from the outside-in, and vice versa, can really improve energy efficiency. The better the house is protected from comfortable air escaping, and hot air sneaking inside, the more energy-efficient your home will be.
- Change your air filters. A dirty, obstructed filter requires more energy to circulate air throughout your HVAC system. In other words, you’re literally paying more to blow dirty air throughout your living space – not to mention the fact that it causes greater wear and tear on your equipment. Protect your system from getting gunky by putting a clean filter in now.
- Add ductless mini-splits. This can keep your home cooler with better energy efficiency – with no ductwork needed! Even if you have ductwork in place already, mini-splits can give your cooling a boost in the rooms you spend the most time in, helping you save energy costs overall while increasing your comfort.
- Make the most of your programmable or smart thermostat. Programmable thermostats save energy by following a set schedule and veering away from your ideal temperature while you’re out for the day. Smart thermostats go even farther by self-adjusting, taking into account location data on your cell phone or vehicle. Imagine arriving home to a comfortably cooled home that hasn’t been wasting energy all day!
- Consider upgrading your central A/C. The investment in a new central A/C system can help lower your energy costs and, with good maintenance, keep running smoothly for years to come.
- Protect your investment and your comfort. Whether you choose central air conditioning or ductless mini-splits, you’ll also get our outstanding maintenance and repair services and you can sign up for our affordable service plans!
Anyzek Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is your one-stop resource for home cooling, whether you are looking to add air conditioning to your home, or want to make the most of the system you already have. Not only do we install central air conditioning, but we also install ductless mini-splits. We sell quality air conditioning equipment from leading manufacturers such as Rheem.
Keep your cool with Anyzek!
Since 1932, Anyzek Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has been providing responsive, courteous service to our neighbors here in Gloucester, Camden and Burlington counties.
We treat our customers like the neighbors you are, so become a customer today! Ready for a cool and comfortable home? Get in touch with us!