How Long Will My Home’s Water Heater Last?
Written on: February 27, 2023
Signs your water heater needs to be replaced
Are you familiar with the signs and symptoms of a water heater that is due for an upgrade? At Anyzek, we’ve got you covered! If you need plumbing services or water heater replacement in Gloucester County, NJ or surrounding towns, the Anyzek team of licensed, certified plumbers are ready to get to work for you. Read on to learn more about what to look for when assessing the health of your water heater.
When should you upgrade your water heater?
There are several warning signs to look for that can help you decide whether your water heater has seen better days, including:
- Is your water heater approaching the 10-year mark? One of the main reasons you may need to upgrade to a new water heater is age. The average life expectancy for a traditional storage tank water heater is between 8 and 12 years. That’s because once your water heater reaches about 10 years old, it will have reduced efficiency and performance. When yours reaches that age range, or if it’s even older, it’s time to make plans for an upgrade.
- When the serial number on your water heater indicates it’s a decade old. If you don’t know how old your water heater is, look at the manufacturer’s sticker on your water heater and find the serial number. The first letter in it corresponds to its month of production, while the first two numbers are the year it was made. So, if the serial number on your water heater is C112738598, the “C” is the third number in the alphabet and corresponds to March, the third month. The “11” stands for the year. Thus, the water heater was manufactured in March, 2011.
- If you are seeing wet spots on the floor around your water heater. Don’t ignore the warning signs that something is amiss with your water heater. The likely reason is a leak in your tank.
- Is your hot water rusty-looking? It could mean that your water heater tank is corroding. You’ll want to replace your water heater before a tank failure leads to damage, hassle and added expense.
- Is your current water heater still functioning? Don’t get stuck without a working hot water heater or forced to make hasty replacement decisions under pressure.
- Do you have a safe plan for water heater installation? With our plumbers as well as our trained and experienced service technicians, Anyzek gives you safe, proper installation of your new water heater, whether it’s a modern, energy-efficient tankless water heater, or a more traditional model. We also provide water heater maintenance and repair, as well as service plans.
Join the family of satisfied Anyzek customers
The water heating pros at Anyzek will help you choose the right water heater for your home and then install it properly. They are committed to safety as well as courteous, dependable service. Whether it’s an emergency equipment replacement or an upgraded water heater install, Anyzek’s licensed and certified plumbers will get the job done right the first time!
Contact us today for your FREE estimate or to become a customer.