Modern Heating Oil Is New and Improved!
Written on: June 27, 2022
How has heating oil changed in the past 20 years?
Because Anyzek Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is a local family-owned business, we understand the needs of our customers because we’re also our neighbors. Amongst those neighbors, we couldn’t help but notice that our modern heating oil is all the rage – but, did you know that heating oil has only gotten better over time? Read on to learn more about the benefits of modern heating oil.
Not the heating oil of generations past!
New technologies in recent years facilitated refinements that improved heating oil in a variety of ways:
- It’s cleaner. In just the last few decades, heating oil has undergone a transformation. Technological advances have helped heating oil become cleaner, greener, and much more energy-efficient.
- It’s easy on your equipment. That cleaner-burning leaves fewer deposits on your furnace’s or boiler’s parts. That means less wear and tear on your heating system. Over time, you’ll have fewer breakdowns, fewer repairs and a longer life expectancy for your furnace or boiler.
- It’s eco-friendlier. In fact, much of the heating oil used today has an ultra-low sulfur content. Thanks to these advances such as ultra-low sulfur heating oil and the development of biodiesel, the amount of greenhouse gas emissions from heating oil has plummeted by more than one-third!
- It beats natural gas. Speaking of emissions, the main component of natural gas is methane, a greenhouse gas. Using natural gas for heating creates more greenhouse gases than today’s cleaner-burning heating oil!
- It’s safe. Oil cannot explode. It only becomes combustible after being vaporized by an oil burner at temperatures above 140°F. Moreover, in the event of a malfunction, modern safety devices within your unit will shut the furnace or boiler off before carbon monoxide poisoning becomes a risk.
- It’s efficient. You also save on energy costs. Today’s high-efficiency oil heating systems offer efficiencies of around 95%. Just twenty years ago, efficiencies were only at 70–80%. This translates to more warmth using less fuel, and can mean annual savings of an average of 30%.
Join the family of satisfied Anyzek customers
You can have reliable, safe heating oil delivery from Anyzek Plumbing, Heating & Cooling! Become a customer today. If you are looking for dependable heating oil delivery and prompt, courteous service in Gloucester, Camden, and Burlington Counties, NJ, you can’t do better than Anyzek Plumbing, Heating & Cooling!