How To Save Energy at Home This Winter
Written on: January 31, 2022
Easy, affordable energy-saving tips
When it comes to conserving energy in your home or business during the colder months, it all boils down to one important factor: energy efficiency. Take a look at some of our favorite tips to get the most for your energy bucks, while never sacrificing warmth, hot water or comfort.
Making maintenance a priority
Some of the routine maintenance tasks that seem like they don’t matter much can actually make a big difference for your energy efficiency, which can, in turn, save you money.
- Replacing your heater’s filter often. When your system has to work harder to push air through tightly-woven dirt (gross!), it uses more energy than it would need when the air is flowing through a clean filter. Wouldn’t you rather pay less money to breathe cleaner air?
- Inspect and drain your water heater. Much like with your air filter, it helps keep your energy costs down when your water heater is free from sediment and debris that can accumulate with use. You likely don’t pay much attention to your home’s water heater. But it’s a workhorse in your home. The average American household uses about 65 gallons of hot water a day for baths, showers, dishwashers, laundry, cleaning, cooking, and other tasks.
Anyzek not only sells and installs quality water heaters, but we also provide expert water heater maintenance and repair. We have trained and experienced service technicians as well as licensed and certified plumbers to handle everything for your home’s water heater.
- Make annual heater inspections a part of your routine. Heating systems that are well-cared for use less energy and cost less to run. Our Total Oil Heat Tune-up helps keep your heating system running at its best possible efficiency, saving you up to 10% a year on your heating costs. Regular maintenance prevents breakdowns and the repair bills that go with them and can extend the life expectancy of your furnace or boiler.
Our Anyzek Total Oil Heat Tune-up can also help you keep your warranty in effect, since most HVAC manufacturers require regular professional maintenance as part of their warranty agreement.
Be “smart” about energy efficiency
Some tactics folks use to save on energy bills are more inconvenient than their worth – after all, not everyone enjoys 5-minute showers or cold-water laundry that never quite gets the gym smells out. But these easy tips work, no shivering or stinky socks required!
- Inspect and replace seals and weather stripping that may be allowing air leaks. Your goal is to keep the heat you’re paying for inside, and the cold air outside.
- Install a programmable thermostat that can automatically adjust itself. Consider upgrading to a programmable or “smart” thermostat – no more paying to heat your home to your preferred comfort level when you aren’t even there.
- Consider upgrading to new, efficient models. Winters can get pretty chilly here in New Jersey. You need to know that your home’s heating system is up to the job of keeping your home warm, safe and comfortable. If you are ready to upgrade to a new, high-efficiency furnace or boiler, Anyzek Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is your full-service heating equipment company! We sell and expertly install boilers and furnaces from top makers such as Weil-McLain and Columbia.
- Protect your HVAC equipment. Once your new heating system is installed, we’re still here for you with maintenance and repair services, as well as affordable service plans.
Anyzek helps keep your equipment running properly!
Since 1932, Anyzek Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has been providing responsive, courteous service to our neighbors here in Gloucester, Camden and Burlington counties. We treat our customers like the neighbors you are. Contact us today to find out more about becoming part of the Anyzek family of satisfied customers!